When it comes to improving design skills, there are a ton of tips out there. Here are some of our favorites.
3 ways to improve your visual design skills
Jules Cheung’s quick tips for visual design newbies at UX Collective should not be missed. No matter if you are a trained pro or just starting in visual design, her 3 ways to improve your visual design skills are design gold.
Ten Principles for Good Design
A great story about Dieter Rams’s “ten commandments” of design from Vitsoe. Notice how his statement weaves aesthetic in with usability. The content still rings true:
- Good design is innovative
- Good design makes a product useful
- Good design is aesthetic
- Good design makes a product understandable
- Good design is unobtrusive
- Good design is honest
- Good design is long-lasting
- Good design is thorough down to the last detail
- Good design is environmentally-friendly
- Good design is as little design as possible